Monday, June 20, 2011

Easy Sprouted Quinoa Salad (Sweet)


My boyfriend, with my blessing (not that he needs it,)  has started to experiment with sprouting.  (I have always loved sprouts, by the way!)  This recipe--more of a guideline, really--is for a super-easy, sweet sprouted quinoa fruit salad.

First, you need sprouted quinoa.  For a serving, I use 1/3-1/2 cup of the sprouts.

I then add pepitas (pumpkin seeds,) sunflower seeds, raisins, a splash of maple syrup, and a splash of rice or apple cider vinegar.  The servings are small, so it would be good as an addition to a light lunch or dinner.  I had it for breakfast this morning!

That's pretty much it.  You can substitute any nuts, seeds, or berries you want and experiment with your vinegars and sweeteners, but I found this combination tastes really good.

Sprouting is easy, gives you a nice protein boost, and sprouts are very versatile.  I especially like them on sandwiches.  We have them stored in a plastic food container in our fridge.  It's probably best to add a layer of something absorbent to the bottom of your container in order to make them last longer, but it's best to use them up quickly.

Enjoy!

No comments: