Friday, July 22, 2011

Celebrating Animal Freedom Day

Tomorrow, I will be celebrating Animal Freedom Day . Animal Freedom Day is a day of showing our appreciation for animals by not consuming animal products. Since my boyfriend and I are vegans, this is our way of life every day; however, Animal Freedom Day asks everyone to honor animals in this way, just for one weekend.

Though I normally don't push my veganism on others, I think it is always a good idea to take time out to stop and think about where our food comes from. The choices we make every day, both in our food and in other areas of life, have a huge impact on the rest of the planet. I don't have to see the conequences of my actions to know they exist. Perhaps taking some time to think about this will give people some new insight.

Happy Animal Freedom Day!

No comments: