Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Abundance







Today has been an emotional one.  There's a lot going on in my social circles and at work.  It was one of those days where self-doubt can start to eat at you as you question things you have been or are being told. It was not a good day.

Then, I got home, and this is what we had for dinner.  All from our garden.  This is one beet, one carrot, one regular tomato, and of course the cherry tomatoes, which are plainly visible.  (This was all accompanied by a batch of homemade,raw hummus.)

Even though some of the plants we were hoping would take for us didn't, our garden is providing us with a lot of food.  We did not finish all of this.  It will serve us for at least one more meal, and we didn't even touch the carrot and beet greens!  I'm truly thankful.

As for the other stuff--the "not food"--I'm working it out.  I reached out to friends and to coworkers (two separate sets of issues.)  I expressed that I care very much about everyone involved.  I worked hard to remain neutral, but I let important people in my life know I have their backs. I gave a friend a ride home.  Best of all, my boyfriend got some very good news today.

August has been a magical month this year, that much is for sure.

Many blessings!

No comments: